Automatic Identity Verification lets your customers start Messenger conversations with your team seamlessly. After you have enabled it, when your customer is logged into your website or app, the Messenger will be able to identify them without asking for their email address.
Please note that If you do not enable automatic identity verification, users will need to enter their email address to start chatting in Messenger, and there is no other way around it.
This article shares the process for you to pull the details and generate the web device token necessary for your development team to enable automatic identity verification (Developers will most likely come to this KB article from the Developer documentation page).
Note: You will need an administrator account with the 'Manage channels' permission.
Most of the labor involved in setting up the identity verification will need to be done by your website or app development team. The details, including generating its token are available from within the Kayako admin area.
Follow these steps to view the details and generate the Identity Verification token for Messenger:
- Sign in to the admin area.
- Click on Identity verification in the sidebar.
- Here, you will see the Web device token, along with instructions for how to add identification calls for logins and logouts to the code of your website or app.
- Copy both of these, and share them with your development team.
- If you ever need to reset your token, you can come back to this page, click the Refresh button (as seen below) and share the new token with your developers: