You may encounter an issue where when you attempt to reply to a conversation or ticket, you are only allowed to add "Notes" and you are unable to send any reply.
There are two reasons why this issue could happen.
- The user is logged in to a collaborator account.
- The brand where the email belongs does not have an email address associated with it.
Check if you are using a Collaborator Account
Collaborators can view support conversations and add private or internal notes only. The first thing to consider is to check if you have a collaborator account. To verify your role, do the following:
- While login to Kayako, click the profile icon in the upper-right corner and select Profile.
- In the Role field, check if it says, Collaborator.
- If yes, then you need to contact your administrator to change your profile role (agent or admin) if this was not intended.
- If no (i.e., the Role says Agent or Administrator), then make sure that the brand has an associated email address to it. (see next section)
Associating Email Addresses With Brands
This issue usually happens if the brand to which the conversation belongs doesn't have an email address associated with it yet. If you are supporting multiple brands, you need to associate an email address to a brand in order for you to provide support to your customers who are using it.
For help, check out the Associating Email Addresses With Brands KB article.