Sometimes a situation will arise where you need to remove a user account. Kayako does have a delete user feature, but it is important to understand the consequences of using it.
When you delete a user, it not only permanently removes them from your Kayako, but deleting a user also irretrievably deletes any conversation for which they were the requester.
That said, this article will walk you through the process of removing a user account from your Kayako.
IMPORTANT: Remember, when you delete a user, all their profile information and conversation history will be lost forever, and its tickets will be removed as well. If you are not sure you are ready to delete a user permanently, you can disable them instead. Once deleted, we cannot recover user accounts nor their affiliated conversations.
Note: To delete a user in Kayako, you will need an administrator account with the 'Delete users and organizations' permission.
To delete a user account, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the agent area.
- Search for the user you want to delete.
- From the user menu, click Delete User.
- Read the warnings very carefully to make sure you are ready to destroy this user's data and their conversations.
- When you are sure, click the Delete User button to remove them from your Kayako.