There is no option in Kayako to remove notes, but it is possible to do this with APIs. In this article, we will cover the instructions to delete notes via API using the Postman application.
Follow these steps to delete an organization note via API:
- On Kayako, navigate to Organizations.
- Click on the appropriate organization (where the notes id to be deleted belongs).
- From the URL, take note of the
Organization_ID. You can find it at the end of the URL.
In the sample -
Organization_ID = 7
Find the Note id to be deleted
- On the Kayako URL, add the following call:
- Where the
<Organization_ID>was taken, e.g.
- All activities should be shown for the selected Organization_ID.
- Where the
- Find out which Note you want to delete by performing a search (CTRL + F).
- Take note of the
Note_IDthat you will find from the original parameter (as shown in the example below, the Note_ID is 12)
"id": 12, "resource_type": "note" }
Delete the note through the API
Before deleting the note, perform a GET request to ensure that the note to be deleted is the correct one.
- Open the PostMan application.
- On the Authorization tab, complete Basic Auth and add the Kayako's credentials.
- Select a GET instance.
- Write the URL to find out the note using the
Note_IDthat you previously obtained:
- Press Send.
- Ensure that the result belongs to the note that you want to delete.
- After double-checking everything, change GET to DELETE.
- Finally, press Send button. You should receive "status": 200 (see image below).
- Your Organization note was deleted.
Go back to the Organization and find the note that was deleted. As a reference, you can also refer to the article How to delete notes via API.