Sometimes, you would like to be reminded about a particularly case, or perhaps you must follow up by a certain date, or you just like to keep track of your conversations. This is possible to implement in Kayako, and this article shares the process for adding monitors to conversation so you can enable the reminders.
Note: You will need an administrator account with 'Manage conversation fields' permission.
Follow these steps:
- Create a new custom conversation field:
- Sign in to Kayako and go to the admin area.
- Depending on the type of field you're creating, click either Conversation fields, Organization fields, or User fields on the sidebar. Here, you'll see a list of system and custom fields that have been created already.
- Click the New field button to start customizing a new one.
- Choose 'date' as the type of the field from the list.
- In the Field title text box, enter a descriptive title:'Follow-up.'
- Save changes.
- Follow these steps to create a monitor to notify an agent that a follow-up is needed on a conversation:
- Go to Admin Panel > Monitors.
- Add a new monitor with the following criteria as the conditions to be met for the notification:
- Conversation: Follow-up > Before or On > Today.
- Conversation: Tags > Does not contain any of the following >
- Add the following action to be performed when the conditions are met:
- Notification: Email a user > Assignee
- Subject and Message:
[Enter the subject/message to be sent to an agent]
- Conversation: Tags > Add >
- Follow these steps to create the reminder:
- Open a conversation.
- Enter a date into the follow-up custom field in the right-hand pane.
- On that day, the system will send a notification email to the owner with a reminder message to do a follow-up on the conversation.
Note: If a conversation is in closed status, this solution will not work as there is no option to change conversation properties of a closed conversation.