By default, Kayako is configured to send an acknowledgment email to a requester when they send us a new conversation.
Unfortunately, this email is also sent when an Agent initiates a conversation with a customer via email channel, meaning that the customer ends up with two consecutive emails: The original message, plus the acknowledgment email. This can be avoided by editing the default trigger.
This article provides a solution that prevents the trigger to send two initial notifications to a customer.
- Navigate to Administration > Automation > Triggers page.
- Click on the Edit option next to the 'Send acknowledgment email to requester' trigger.
- Add the following AND condition: Conversations: Upgraded by user role > equal to > Customer.
- Create a test conversation by emailing your helpdesk.
- You (as the customer) should receive the first standard acknowledgment email.
- Respond to your own conversation as the agent.
- You (as the customer) should not receive the second acknowledgment email.