Brands tie together all of the customer-facing elements of the Kayako support experience. Although brands do most of their work behind the scenes, particularly if your team only uses a single brand, it is important to understand how all of the different elements fit together, so you can customize them effectively.
This KB article will provide you valuable information about how brands work in Kayako, and point you to resources that will help you customize each aspect of a brand.
Understanding How Brands Work in Kayako
When you get started on Kayako, you will have a single, default brand defined. That brand governs all the elements of Kayako that form your customers' support experience.
In Kayako, a brand is linked with your:
- Help Center domain
- self-service content
- support channels
- email templates
- default language
Many teams only ever use a single brand. If that is the same for you, the main thing to understand is that if you want to use a custom domain for your Help Center, or make changes your team's email templates, you will do that by editing your brand in the admin area.
- The real power of brands, though, comes in when your team needs to support several distinct audiences.
- If you are on Kayako's Growth plan or higher, you can create a brand for each audience you serve. With multiple brands, you can tailor several distinct support experiences for your customers, while still managing all of your conversations from a single support queue.
So now that you have got a grasp on the role that brands play in Kayako, we will look at some common steps involved in customizing them to suit your customers' needs.
Building a Branded Customer Experience
Whether you have one brand or many, the tasks involved in customizing your customers' support experience are the same. For each brand in Kayako, you can:
- Customize its domain – You can use a default Kayako domain for each brand you support, or you can tell Kayako to use a custom subdomain. In other words, you can host a brand's Help Center at
support.[yourcompany].cominstead of sticking with your default
Learn more about adding custom domains.
- Populate the Help Center – Each brand has its own Help Center, where you can host brand-specific self-service content. You can use Kayako's customization features to make sure each Help Center is in line with the style of the brand it is supporting.
Learn more about customizing the appearance of your Help Center.
- Tailor your email templates – Your email templates control the structure and format of your messages with your customers. If you are managing multiple brands, you can edit each set of templates to conform with the appropriate branding.
Learn more about customizing your templates.
- Configure brand-specific support channels – Once you have more than one brand defined, you can add additional support channels that are tied to a specific brand. Conversations that come in via those channels will then be automatically associated with that brand.
Learn more in these articles on adding email, Messenger, Twitter, and Facebook support channels.
- Build out brand-based workflows – Your team's workflows may vary from brand to brand. You can manage that complexity by building views, SLAs, and automations that are targeted at conversations within a particular brand.
Learn more in these articles on adding/editing views, SLAs and automations.