Whether your team offers support in one or multiple languages, you can set a default language for Kayako from the Admin area. If you provide multi-lingual support (see Enabling Multiple Languages for Your Customers and Agents), Kayako retains your choice of default language, while deferring to any individual language preferences set by your agents or customers.
While setting your default language, you can also set the default timezone and time format for Kayako.
NOTE: To set the language and time defaults in Kayako, you will need an administrator account (see Assigning User Roles to Your Team and Customers) with the Manage Localization permission.
In this article, we guide you through the steps to find and change the default settings.
- Sign in to Kayako and go to the Admin area.
- Under Customizations, click on Localization in the sidebar.
- Click on the Settings tab at the top of the screen.
- From the Language drop-down menu, select your default language.
NOTE: If you have more than one brand, make sure you set the intended language in each Brand settings by navigating to Brands and clicking Edit on each one of your brands. The languages you enabled in the Languages tab will be available for selection here.
- From the Timezone dropdown, select your team's default timezone.
NOTE: Users can still change their timezone from their user profiles.
- From the Time format drop-down menu, choose if you want Kayako to display the timestamp using the 12 hours or 24 hours format.
- When you have made all the changes, click the Save button.