Leaving private notes on your conversations is often a critical step in keeping everyone up-to-date on its status. In Kayako, notes let you leave updates and messages that are only visible to other agents and collaborators – not your customers. You can also
@mention agents and collaborators to get a particular person's attention on a conversation.
In this article, we'll cover how to leave private notes, as well as how to get the attention of other agents and collaborators with
You'll add notes to a conversation from the same place you send replies, with all the same options for rich formatting, attachments, and macros. For an easy way to bring someone's attention to a conversation, Kayako supports
@mentions for agents and collaborators from within private notes. Adding an
@mention for someone will send them an alert via Kayako's notification center. For each note, you'll choose the context in which to post it:
- Conversation – Posts the note privately to the conversation timeline.
- User – Posts the note privately to the user's journey, their organization's journey, and the timeline of all of their active conversations.
- Organization – Posts the note privately to the organization journey, the journey of every user in the organization, and the timeline of every active conversation in the organization.
NOTE: To add a private note in Kayako, you will need an agent, admin, or collaborator account with access to the conversation.
To add a new note or send
@mentions, follow the steps:
- Sign-in to the agent area.
- Click a conversation to open it.
- In the reply box, switch to the Note tab:
- Add the content for your note, which can include rich formatting, attachments, macros, and
@mentions(as shown in the screenshot below).
- Select whether you'd like to attach the note to the Conversation, User, or Organization.
- Click the Send button to post the note. Remember that these notes will not be visible to your customers.
- Once a note has been posted, you can pin it by hovering over it, which makes it easier to find later:
NOTE: Currently, notes cannot be deleted from Kayako