Kayako comes with default automation in the form of a monitor that sends out customer satisfaction surveys 24 hours after a conversation or ticket has been completed. This is the default rule criteria in the built-in monitor that controls the survey. You can edit or modify these criteria depending on your need. You can also disable or delete it permanently. The survey also provides your customers with an opportunity to leave feedback comments.
The surveys are sent to the customer via email using the Monitor Automation rule called
Send satisfaction survey after 24 hours.
The built-in automation is set to send the survey 24 hours after the conversation status is changed to "completed". You can modify the rule's criteria depending on your need. To learn more about the available conditions and their actions to build automation, you may visit the Building Automation Conditions and Actions article.
When the customer receives their email, they are presented with the following opportunity for feedback:
Note: At this time, "Good" and "Bad" are the only two options that can be presented. No other ratings (e.g., NPS or "0 - 10" rating) are available. You may modify the email template to communicate details of the conversation, but you cannot change the rating scale of the survey.
You can, however, explore third-party surveys or apps, using Zapier integration to connect to the available third-party survey that you want to use.
The Kayako survey's good and bad ratings are represented by the happy and sad emojis, respectively. Once the customer clicks on either one of them, they are directed to a survey where they can then add a comment and submit the survey response.
NOTE: If you want to send surveys in different languages, please see the Sending Custom Satisfaction Survey Using a Different Language article.
- To edit or modify the monitor that controls the survey, you will need an administrator account with the 'Manage automations' permission.
To modify the automation that sends out the survey, please follow these steps:
Sign in to Kayako and go to the admin panel.
Under the AUTOMATION heading, select Monitors.
- In this section, if you hover over the Send satisfaction survey after 24 hours, select Edit to modify the conditions under which the survey is sent.
- Select Delete to remove the monitor completely. This process is irreversible so you need to recreate the monitor for the survey if you want to send out surveys again.
- Select Disable to temporarily disable the monitor from sending surveys.
Change the conditions or the actions as needed.NOTE: The example below shows a change to send the survey just one hour after completion of the conversation. To learn more about the available conditions and their actions to build automation, you may visit the Building Automation Conditions and Actions article.
- As soon as you have finalized the change, click the Save button.
For more information on building automations, see the article Creating Automations with Triggers and Monitors.
If you modified the monitor's criteria say to send out the survey 1 hour after the conversation status is changed to "completed," your customer will receive the survey 1 hour after the conversation is marked as completed.
- If you disable the monitor, no surveys will be sent to customers at all.
- If you delete the monitor, then it's permanently gone and you cannot recover it.