HTML meta tags are useful for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Some customers may request to change the meta tags included by default in Help Center articles.
- Meta tags are automatically created in Kayako from the article details such as title, keywords, and the first couple of lines of the article.
- If you need to add more tags for search engines to index your site, you must add more keywords.
- There is no way to manually add or edit meta tags.
To check the meta tags for a particular webpage (the steps are provided for Google Chrome, however, the process is similar for other web browsers):
- Open the webpage in Google Chrome.
- Right-click on any part of the webpage body and select Inspect. This launches the browser development tools/console.
- The browser development tools/console is displayed with the website metadata. The meta tags are highlighted in the example screenshot below: