When trying to install or upgrade your Kayako Classic instance to our latest release after 9.3, it is advised to use PHP 7.1+ to make sure all the features and benefits of that Kayako version work successfully once the setup is done. But in case you are receiving an unusual error during the configuration where nothing happens or blank pages appear which doesn't allow you to continue, we recommend reviewing the following details to make sure all settings and requirements are accurately set in place to complete the setup.
- First, check the server requirement in Server Configuration to confirm no parameters or modules are missing for the configuration.
- Then validate that you took the instruction described in Upgrading or Downgrading Kayako Classic to accurately follow the process of upgrading.
- Make sure to set mysql-mode to not strict. Refer to Disabling MySQL Strict Mode on the Server to know how to disable MySQL strict mode since it might cause conflict with PHP 7.
- Since the server requirements should be well updated up until now, this probably means a problem within your server. So to improve our troubleshooting at this point, you will need to enable the
display_errorsPHP parameter in your php.ini and see if you get any error on screen while accessing the setup page. You will also need to restart the web service after enabling the
display_errorsin your PHP configuration file, then once set to
Onit will show you on-screen PHP errors as and when they occur. You can also check your web-server error logs if there's any error being logged.
- Follow the next step if your PHP log file shows errors as below:
[12-Jun-2019 00:42:16 GMT] SWIFT: Hard exiting at SWIFT_Exception::GlobalExceptionHandler
[12-Jun-2019 13:27:38 GMT] SWIFT: Hard exiting at SWIFT_Exception::GlobalExceptionHandler
[12-Jun-2019 08:27:41 America/Chicago] SWIFT: Hard exiting at Controller_StaffBase::__construct
[12-Jun-2019 08:27:45 America/Chicago] SWIFT: Hard exiting at Controller_StaffBase::__construct
[12-Jun-2019 13:27:47 GMT] SWIFT: Hard exiting at SWIFT_Exception::GlobalExceptionHandler
- This probably means that you are still using the old config files in Kayako, changing to the new config.php file should fix the issue.