We’re excited to announce a new Kayako release (5.2.13) which focuses on fixing a critical instability with Facebook integration.
On this release we have fixed an issue where admins couldn’t connect to their FB pages, meaning that syncing messages was not working for normal FB accounts. With this fix now Admins are able list, connect to their FB pages and receive and send messages. The following steps are required to get the integration working again:
- Log into Facebook and click in the top right of Facebook.
- Click Settings.
- Click Business Integrations on the left side.
- Select the Kayako for Pages.
- Click Remove > Remove.
- Sign in to your Kayako agent area
- Navigate to the admin area, by choosing the gear button in the left navigation pane or selecting direct link https://yourcompanyname.kayako.com/admin
- Goto Channels > Facebook
- Delete all the existing Facebook pages from your Kayako instance.
- Then reconnect the pages again by following the instructions from our Facebook Set-up article
Once done, please send test messages and wait for 3-4 minutes and the new messages will be pulled in. (Please note that old messages are not pulled again, due to Facebook settings)