Great news! We have made it simple and fast to upgrade to the new, cloud-only Kayako. Automated migration options are now available for both our Kayako Download and Kayako OnDemand customers through our partner, Help-Desk-Migration.Com.
A Migration Process You Can Love
The old migration process was fragile. It used database scripts to convert your classic database to a new Kayako database. Every time the database structure changed on either product, we risked breaking the scripts. Our new process uses APIs instead of database scripts. There are several advantages to this process:
- You can configure your new Kayako instance in advance of migrating, so none of your configurations get lost.
- You can cut over to your new Kayako instance while the migration is still in process and start handling new cases right away.
- The new migration process is never broken, and you are in complete control once you create your new Kayako subscription.
- Custom migrations are available, including the option to combine or split instances.
- Create a trial of New Kayako at Kayako portal using the URL of your choice.
- Send a note to email@example.com informing us which URL you chose so we can extend your trial to give you more time to prepare for the migration.
- Navigate to Kayako data migration page.
- Run a demo migration. This will migrate enough records to enable your trial as a sandbox for testing.
Support During Migration
We will create a case for your migration once we know that you are on track to move forward. For the most part, you should not require support from Kayako during the migration process. Our partner, Help Desk Migration, will support your migration-related technical issues.
Of course, Kayako's Professional Services team will also be ready to assist should you require anything from Kayako. Expect to hear from this team once our Sales Team initiates the process and opens the case. You can always reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Considerations for Kayako Classic Cloud Customers
If you are using our Classic Cloud or On-Demand Kayako Classic service, we need to know when you schedule your final migration so that we can redirect your URL in a timely fashion. We ask you to give us two weeks' notice in advance of when you need your URL moved. You can schedule this with our professional services team at email@example.com or reply to the ticket sales will create for your migration case.
Upgrading from Kayako Classic to New Kayako FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions about upgrading.
- Do I have to upgrade?
No. We continue to support Kayako Classic. Kayako Download customers can find out more about extending support for Kayako Classic by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are there any upgrade requirements?
You must have an administrator login on both systems to run the demo and final migration.
- What happens to any subscription or support I have remaining on my Kayako Classic account when I update?
We will credit it back to you, pro-rata, against your new Kayako subscription.
- Is the migration free of charge?
Beyond your potential migration credit, no. The system will present you with a price for your migration. We will credit all or a portion of the cost as a service credit toward your new subscription.
- How will you calculate my migration credit?
If your new Kayako subscription is $250 or more per month, we will cover 100% of the cost of your migration. If your new Kayako subscription is less than $250 per month, we will credit your account for one-third of the cost of your annual plan amount. For example, if your new plan is $200 per month, you will receive up to a $720 service credit. Unless you have a large volume of data and a small number of users, in most cases, the amount of the credit will cover your entire migration cost.
- Can I try New Kayako before agreeing to migrate?
Absolutely yes. You can create a new trial at Kayako portal at your convenience. Need more time on your trial? Contact email@example.com and provide your trial URL.
- What has changed in New Kayako?
So much has changed! We think you will be pleased. Learn more in the article describing all the changes.
- Is it possible to do custom migrations?
Yes! You can do things like migrate two Kayako Classic instances into one New Kayako instance, or split by brand. After you register with our partner, Help Desk Migration, you can request custom services. Custom migrations services provided by our partner are not covered by Kayako service credits. You must arrange and negotiate these services separately.
- Will the price of a New Kayako instance change?
Yes. We will contact you to negotiate a new subscription and pricing for your new Kayako instance.
- What factors influence pricing and the time needed to migrate?
Both pricing and time required to migrate are based on the volume of data you are migrating. If you have had your system running for many years, you might want to reduce the amount of data you migrate, which will reduce the time it takes to migrate all your data.
- More Questions?
We are here to help! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.