When you're adding or editing user, organization, or conversation fields, if you make them visible to your customers, you can also provide translations for the field's label/title and description. This article covers the process to add translations for the customer-facing fields.
- To add customer-facing field translations in Kayako, you will need an admin account with the 'Manage Custom User and Organization Fields ' permission.
To add translated versions of your customer-facing fields, follow the steps below:
Sign in to the admin area.
- Under the Customization heading, click Custom fields.
From the top heading, select which field type you want to edit (Conversation fields, Organization fields, or User fields).
Find the field you want to translate, hover over it, and click the Edit link that appears.
- In the Customer settings section,
Next to the 'Field title for customers' and 'Field description for customers', you'll see a flag icon. Click the icon to open the translation dropdown.
NOTE: This flag icon will appear only if you have enabled multiple languages from the admin panel.
Enter the translated copy of the title or description on the blank fields under each of your enabled languages.
NOTE: For any languages that you don't supply a translated version for, Kayako will display the field's elements using the default language instead.
Click the Done button to add your translations.
Click the Save button to save your changes to the field.
NOTE: You can always go back and add additional translations, as you enable more languages.
- Go to your Help Center and select the language you provided a translation for from the dropdown.
- Open the form where the specific customer-facing field belongs. Find the field to see the translations for the elements of the field (the title and description as shown in the screenshot below).
NOTE: Again, if you don't supply a translated version of the title or description, Kayako will display them using the default language instead.