A user may wonder why the default language and timezone set in the Localization does not affect the language and timezone they see on their profile.
This article explains why this behavior occurs and how to set it from the user profile.
You can choose a default language and timezone for your Kayako in the Localization settings, but users can change their language and timezone preferences for their user profile.
- If the user has set their language and timezone, then the Localization settings will be overridden.
To change the language and timezone for a user profile:
- Login to your Kayako instance.
- Click the image on the upper right corner that represents your profile, then select Profile.
- In the Timezone field, click the arrow to select the timezone you want to set for your profile.
Note: You may also set your default language by selecting the language you want in the Language field. Keep in mind that you can only choose languages that were enabled in the Localization settings.
- Click the 'Update properties' button at the bottom to save the changes.