In Kayako, you can create custom fields and make them required or mandatory to be filled out when creating conversations via the Help Center. This article provides instructions on how to make a specific field mandatory before a customer can submit a form.
You may want to gather specific information from your customers (e.g., product code, equipment type, etc.), and you do not want them to submit the form without that information. There's an option in the custom field settings to require your customers to complete a field when creating or updating a conversation from the Help Center or through the API.
- To add custom fields in Kayako, you will need an administrator account with either the 'Manage conversation fields' or 'Manage custom user and organization fields' permissions, depending on the type of field you're creating.
- Sign in to Kayako and navigate to the admin section.
- Under Customizations, click Custom fields.
- Select the custom field you want to edit.
- In the Customer Settings section, mark the Customers can see this field option.
- Enter the desired field title and description for your customers.
- Check the following boxes: Customers can edit this field and This field is required for customers.
- Make sure the field is enabled.
- Click on the Save button to implement the changes.
Every time a customer creates or updates a conversation from the Help Center or through the API, the system will require your customers to complete a field before they can submit the form.