You may want to gather specific information from your customers (e.g., problems that they face), and you do not want them to submit the form without that information.
This article provides instructions to make a specific field mandatory for your customers to fill when submitting the form.
In Kayako, you can create custom fields and opt to make them "required" to be filled. This means that if a customer does not fill in this field, they would not be able to submit the form.
- Sign in to Kayako and navigate to the admin section.
- Under Customizations, click Custom fields.
- Select the custom field you want to edit.
- In the Customer Settings section, mark the Customers can see this field option.
- Enter the desired field title and description for your customers.
- Check the following boxes: Customers can edit this field and This field is required for customers.
- Make sure the field is enabled.
- Click on the Save button to implement the changes.