When creating user accounts in Kayako, there is no option to enter a password for the new user. Kayako sends an email to the staff member so that they can verify their address and set a password for their account. However, sometimes, a new user might report that they did not receive the email from Kayako. This article provides information on the possible root cause of this issue and how to resolve it.
The most common cause of this issue is the user's spam filter capturing the invitation email.
To resolve this issue, send a password reset email by following the instructions below.
- Log in to your Kayako instance.
- To access the administration area, click on the gear icon at the lower-left corner.
- Under Team Settings, select Agent directory.
- Locate and click on the user.
- You may use the Type to filter field to search for the user.
- Click on the arrow in the top-right of the window, next to the New Conversation button.
- Select Send password reset email.
- Kayako sends the password reset email to the registered email address of the user.
- If the user was able to set up a password and forgot it, they could use the Forgot password link on the sign-in screen. This action will also send a password reset email to the registered email address.