This article explains the difference between "Customers Helped" and "Conversations Touched" data in Kayako Insights. Upon reading this article, you should:
- Interpret what the "Customers Helped" and the "Conversations Touched" data are.
- Understand the difference between the aforesaid metrics.
Measuring the success of your support efforts is critical to the business, and metrics help you understand your customers' experience as well as your team's performance. Sometimes, the metrics or data that you see on Kayako Insights might be confusing, particularly the Customers helped and Conversations touched metrics.
These metrics are defined in the following ways:
- Customers helped is the number of unique customers an agent or a team has communicated with.
- Conversations touched is the number of conversations that an agent or a team updated in some way.
To better explain these two metrics, let's take a look at the following example:
A conversation was submitted by John Doe was assigned to David, one of Brewfictus' agents. If David sends his first public reply to John's conversation, it will create the following metric result:
- 1 on Total public replies
- 1 on Customers helped
- 1 on Conversations touched
- 1 on Total assigned
Let's suppose John submits another conversation or ticket. That conversation was again assigned to David. If David sends his first public reply to the second conversation, the scenario then creates the following metric result for David:
- 2 on Total public replies (since the agent submitted his second public reply on the new ticket)
- 1 on Customers helped (no change, since it is the same customer John)
- 2 on Conversations touched (since the agent touched a total of 2 conversations)
- 2 on Total assigned (since the agent was assigned a total of 2 conversations)
Customers helped counts the number of unique customers with whom the agent communicated, while Conversations touched is anything that the agent has touched in some way, regardless of where or from whom the ticket came. Since the agent helped the same customer for a second time, hence the Customers helped remains the same.
- Interpreting Your Support Metrics with Insights: This article provides a quick overview of Kayako's analytics and reporting features in the Insights area.
- Performance Metrics on Your Conversations, Agents, and Teams: This article explains how to interpret the metrics included in the General section of Kayako's Insights pages.