In Kayako, automation plays an essential role in keeping the lines of communication open between your customers and your support staff. You can use triggers to notify your team of different events so that they can respond to them in a timely manner. This article provides information on creating triggers to notify your team of new chats from customers.
You can use Kayako automation to send notifications to certain agents or teams to remind them about conversations that need their attention. For example, you can use a trigger to send a notification email to a senior member of your department when a new conversation is opened by your highest-profile customer. Or, you can set up a monitor to send a reminder email for the conversations that have been waiting for a specified period of time.
- Log in to Kayako.
- Click on the user menu.
- Select Administration.
- Under the Automation section, select Triggers.
- Click on the New Trigger button.
- Configure the trigger as follows:
- Under Rule details, enter the Rule title.
- Under the Rule Settings, select the conversation update type that you want to trigger the rule.
- For the trigger conditions, select the following conditions:
- Conversations: Source Channel | equal to | Messenger
- Conversations: Status | equal to | New
- For the trigger action, use the following configuration:
- Notification: Email a team | [Team or Agent]
- Enter a Subject for the notification.
- Enter a Message for the notification.
- Click on the Save button.
This trigger is customized to send notifications for new chats only. However, you can tweak the conditions above to make it work for other channels too. To learn more about setting up automatic notifications in Kayako, please visit the Setting Automatic Notifications and Reminders knowledge base article.