Suspended messages are automatically deleted after thirty (30) days. If you want to do some cleaning up from time to time, you can also manually delete the messages in the suspended folder.
Every email message that comes into Kayako goes through a series of filters before being created as a conversation or added to an existing conversation. These filters check for messages that cannot be authenticated or verified, messages from disabled or blacklisted addresses, and messages that are considered spam.
Kayako automatically suspends any message caught by these filters. Suspended messages are not processed into conversations or added to communications as replies. However, you can still view suspended messages from the agent area through the suspended folder if you have the right permission.
If you are receiving a high volume of suspended messages commonly due to spam emails, you might end up having to deal with tons of messages in the suspended folder. So being able to delete these messages manually might come in handy from time to time.
A few things you need to keep in mind:
- You can delete messages from the suspended folder either individually or page by page.
- Kayako does not support deleting all suspended messages at once, unlike the trash folder where you can click the Empty Trash button to delete everything. The API cannot handle such requests also.
- Deleting messages from the suspended folder is permanent and irreversible.
If you end up with tons of messages in the suspended folder and you want to delete all the messages in there at once, you may send a request to our support team so we can request this to be deleted from the backend. Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page or click this submit a request link to send your request.
- To delete messages from the suspended folder in Kayako, you will need at least an agent account with the 'View suspended messages' permission.
To permanently delete messages from the suspended folder, do the following:
- Log in to Kayako and access the agent area.
- Click Suspended.
- Select the message(s) you want to delete. To delete all messages on the current page, click the FROM checkbox. This will mark all messages on the page.
- Click the Permanently delete button to delete the selected email(s).
- Click Confirm to proceed.
Once done deleting the messages, you will no longer see them from the suspended folder.