You can change the email address, phone number, or Twitter handle associated with a user account from the user profile page in Kayako. If you are an agent, you can update user profiles (such as their name, identities, and the values of custom user fields) for your own account and for customers. If you are an admin, you can update this information for all users except the owner user account.
The first time a customer reaches out to your support team, Kayako will automatically create an account for them. These automatically generated accounts typically contain limited information about the customer, usually consisting of their name and the email or social media account used in the first contact.
Occasionally, the information may need to be updated. This is especially true for email addresses or phone numbers that may have been mistyped or have changed. Once the user account exists, it is possible to make any necessary corrections.
NOTE: When you manually create a user account (either for your customers or staff), you will have the option to add more information.
- To create and update user profiles in Kayako, you need at least an agent account with the 'Create and update users and organizations' permissions.
To change the email address, phone number, or Twitter handle:
- Sign in to the agent area.
- Search for the user you want to update and click to open the user profile.
- On the right-hand pane, click Add new and select Email, Phone, or Twitter.
NOTE: You cannot remove the primary email address, phone number, or Twitter. First, you need to add the new one and set it as primary before you can remove the old one.
- Enter the new email address and click Save.
- Click the new email address you just added and select Mark as verified.
- Click the new email address again and select Make primary.
- Once the new email address is set as primary, you may remove the old email address by selecting Remove identity.
- If the option to make primary is missing even when there are 2 emails, just add a new email (even if it isn't a real address), verify it, and then you will be able to edit the others.
Once you have successfully added the email address, phone, or Twitter handle, it will show on the user account's profile page.