The first time a customer reaches out to your support team, Kayako will automatically create an account for them. These automatically generated accounts typically contain limited information about the customer, usually consisting of their name and the email or social media account used in the first contact.
- When you manually create a user account (either for your customers or staff), you will have the option to add more information.
Occasionally, the information may need to be updated. This is especially true for email addresses that may have been mistyped or have changed. Once the user account exists, it is possible to make any necessary corrections.
This article provides the process for changing or updating a user account's email address.
- Sign in to the agent area.
- Search for the user you want to update.
- On the right-hand pane, click Add new and select Email.
NOTE: If you are changing or updating the email address of a user, you need to add the new email address first and set it as primary before you can remove the existing one.
- Enter the new email address and click Save.
- Click the new email address and select Mark as verified.
- Click the new email address and select Make primary.
- Once the new email address is set as primary, you may remove the old email address by selecting Remove identity.
NOTE: If you prefer, both email addresses can be kept on file.