You can request a full backup or data dump of your instance which contains all your information within it such as existing conversations and their attachments and notes, information of all users registered in your system (email address, profile information, etc), knowledgebase articles from the Help Center along with files attached to them, and etc.
If for some reason you no longer want to use Kayako as your help desk software or customer service platform and you want to get a full backup or data dump of your Kayako instance, this can be done. The request is processed by our Infrastructure team.
Please note though that we can only generate the backup file in a MySQL dump file format. Requests to get the backup in a CSV file format are not possible. However, you can look for a converter to change the file format from MySQL to CSV. Keep in mind that we do not assist in converting the file from MySQL to CSV. You may search the internet for popular software to help you achieve this objective.
To request a full backup of your instance, you need to write to our support team.
- Copy of the previously paid invoice.
- Billing email address and mailing address registered on the account.
Please reach out to support by following the steps below:
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page or click this submit a request link.
- NOTE: If you already have an open ticket for this request, you may skip step 1 and proceed to step 2.
- Provide the details of your request:
- The name of the instance you are requesting backup for (e.g., sniper.kayako.com).
- Indicate if you want a database only, attachments only, or a database with attachments data dump. In the absence of this information, you will be provided a database only dump.
- Along with your request, please send us either of the following information:
- Copy of the previously paid invoice. (attached to your ticket)
- Or, billing email address and mailing address registered on the account.
NOTE: This is to ensure we are processing the request only from an authorized person.
NOTE: The links to download the backup file typically expire within 24 - 72 hours depending on the expiry selected when submitting the request. Please let us know how long would you like to keep the links active by indicating it in your request (24, 48, or 72 hours). We are doing this for security reasons. If you don't indicate any expiration, we will set it at 72 hours so you will have enough time to download the files before it expires.
Once the request has been fulfilled by our Infrastructure team, the agent will provide the links to download the backup files by replying to your ticket request.