Kayako comes with default automation that sends out Customer Surveys 24 hours after a conversation has been completed. This default survey is sent in English. This article explains how you can send a survey in other languages.
- To create a new monitor in Kayako, you will need an administrator account with the 'Manage automations' permission.
- Knowledge of HTML to customize the message content.
The surveys are sent to the customer via email using the Monitor Automation rule called
Send satisfaction survey after 24 hours.
If you provide support to customers in other languages, you can create a new monitor that automatically sends a translated satisfaction survey after completing a conversation. This can further make the service experience consistent for your customers. You can use placeholders to customize the message content in your survey.
Log into your Kayako and go to Administration.
In the sidebar, go to Automation > Monitors.
Click the New monitor button.
In the Rule Title field, add a descriptive title.Note: It is essential to use a good naming convention to keep track of monitors.
In the 'When these conditions are met' section, configure the following:
Condition Operator (AND) Conversations: Time spent in current status greater than 24 (hours) Conversations: Status equal to Completed Satisfaction: Satisfaction status equal to UNOFFERED Conversations: Tags does not contain any of the following survey_sent Requester: Language equal to es
- From the 'Perform the following actions' section, configure the following:
- In the Select an action menu, select Notification: Email a user.
- In the next blank field, select (Requester).
- Enter the Subject and the Message (see sample below) in their corresponding boxes.
- Click the +Add a new action link.
- In the Select an action menu, select Conversation: Tags.
- In the next blank field, select add.
- In the next blank field, type 'survey_sent'. This tag will prevent the system from sending duplicate copies of the survey.
- Click the Save button to create the monitor.
Sample message (in Spanish):
Como te pareció nuestra atención al cliente? Por favor, use la clasificación debajo para contarnos.
- Disable the default 'Send satisfaction survey after 24 hours' because the Flow control: Satisfaction Survey action will always send the survey in English and the content of the Flow control action cannot be changed. Lastly, to avoid other duplicate surveys being sent to your customers, you may want to disable any other existing satisfaction surveys configured in the monitor control panel. Hover over to the monitor you want to disable and click the Disable link.
After configuring your custom satisfaction survey, the monitor will fire once the conditions are met and your customers will receive the survey in the language you used.
NOTE: The arrows point to the content referenced by the placeholders we used in the sample above.