Once you have your SLAs set up and configured, you can build automation to bring any overdue conversations to the immediate attention of your team using either monitor or trigger automations. This article provides instructions on notifying the assignee when conversations are within certain hours of SLA breach (e.g. within 2 hours of breach).
Using monitors, you can keep an eye on your entire queue and notify your team whenever one of their conversations is within two hours of breaching a target. Speaking of which, creating views that display conversations that have breached, conversations that are about to breach, or just conversations subject to a specific SLA are all great ways to make it easier to meet your targets.
In the example below, we will create a monitor that will notify the assignee if a conversation is within 2 hours of SLA breach. You can always adjust the number of hours depending on your targets.
If you need help with the basics of building automations, check out our instructions on how to create triggers and monitors and our automation reference guide for conditions and actions.
- To add a monitor in Kayako, you need an administrator account with the 'Manage automations' permission.
Sign in to your Kayako and go to the admin area.
- In the sidebar, click on Monitors to see a list of any monitors that have been created in your Kayako.
Click the New monitor button.
In the Rule Title field, add a descriptive title. In this exercise, let's say 2-hour SLA warning email.NOTE: It's essential to use a good naming convention so you can keep track as you add more and more automations.
In the 'When these conditions are met' section, from the Select a condition dropdown, choose SLA: Time to next breach.
- From the next dropdown, select less than or equal to.
- In the Hours field, enter
2. You can always adjust the number of hours depending on your targets.
In the 'Perform the following actions' section, from the Select an action dropdown, choose Email a user.
- From the Select receiver dropdown, choose (Assignee).
- In the Subject and Message fields, add the content for your reminder email. The message content in your notification email can be customized using placeholders to include but not limited to the assignee name, case ID, case URL, and a preview of the message.
Click the Save button to create your new monitor.
This automation will run once an hour and send an email to any of your support staff who have conversations that are within 2 hours of breaching their next SLA target.