In Kayako, you can create a trigger that auto-assigns conversations that received a bad satisfaction rating or a detractor to a specific team or agent. This article provides instructions on how to build the trigger that looks for conversations with rating is equal to "Bad".
No one likes to see bad ratings, but when they come in, it is useful to understand what happened. You can use automation to take any conversation that receives a Bad satisfaction rating and send it to a "Conversation Review team" for analysis.
You may also configure the same trigger to automatically send notifications to the "Conversation Review team" every time a conversation with a "bad" survey comes into their queue.
NOTE: To learn more about the different conditions and actions available when building automations, please visit the Building Automation Conditions article.
- To add a trigger in Kayako, you need an administrator account with the 'Manage automations' permission.
Sign in to your Kayako and go to the admin area.
In the sidebar, click Triggers to see the list of any triggers that have been created in your Kayako.
Click the New trigger button.
In the Rule Title field, add a descriptive title. In this exercise, let's say Bad Satisfaction Rating.NOTE: It's essential to use a good naming convention so you can keep track as you add more and more automations.
In the Rule Settings section, we're going to leave Any selected, since we want it to apply to conversations from any source. You may select the appropriate channel as needed. Say you want this rule to be applied to messenger conversations only, then select Messenger from the drop-down menu.
In the 'When these conditions are met' section, from the 'Select a condition' dropdown, choose 'Satisfaction: Satisfaction rating'.
- From the next dropdown, choose equal to.
- From the next dropdown, choose Bad.
In the 'Perform the following actions' section, from the 'Select an action' dropdown, select Conversation: Team.
- From the next dropdown, choose change.
- From the last dropdown, choose the '[name of the team]' (in this exercise, we are selecting the Conversations Review Team).
- NOTE: If you want this trigger to assign the conversations to a specific agent only, then you would choose Conversation: Assignee from the 'Select an action' dropdown, and select the name of the agent.
If you want the team or agent to receive an automatic notification about this assignment, click the +Add a new action link.
From the 'Perform the following actions' section, configure the following:
- Select Notification: Email a team, and choose the '[name of the team]' (in this exercise, we are selecting the Conversations Review Team).
- Enter the Subject and the Message in their respective fields. The message content in your notification email can be customized using placeholders to include but not limited to the assignee name, case ID, case URL, and a preview of the message.
Click the Save button to create your new trigger.
Every time your customer gives a "Bad" rating on conversations, those conversations will be assigned automatically to the team you specified in the trigger action (e.g., the Conversations Review Team). That team will then have the opportunity to do a deep dive into the conversation as soon as they receive them in their queue.
Additionally, the team or assignee will be notified through the automated email using this trigger rule.