During the new account sign-up process, you are asked to choose your subdomain name which will become part of your Kayako "instance or domain name" in the format of subdomain.kayako.com. This name can be changed later on if you decide so.
- To edit articles in Kayako, you will need an administrator or agent account with the 'Create and edit articles' permission.
Changing Domain Name
If you want to change your existing Kayako instance or domain name, you need to send this request to the support team. The support team will submit a request on your behalf to the SaaSOps team who will make the change in the backend.
To request to change your instance or domain name:
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page. Or, use your existing ticket if there's already one open for this concern.
- In your ticket, provide the following information:
- Current domain/instance name (example: mycompanyname.kayako.com)
- New domain/instance name (example: ournewcompanyname.kayako.com)
Please note also that you have the option to create additional brands in Kayako. Your company may have gone through a rebranding process which led you to decide to change your domain name. However, since you can host multiple brands in a single instance (the number of brands depends on your price plan), you may want to consider creating additional brands instead of renaming your instance.
Additionally, you also have the option to configure a custom domain. To know more about this option, please visit the Configuring Custom Domain and SSL Certificate for Your Brand article.
Updating the Image Locations
To change image location:
- Sign in to the Help Center.
- Select the article and click the 'Edit article' button.
- Click on the '</>' icon in the WYSIWYG editor taskbar.
- Update the image source location with your new domain.
- Click the 'Update' button to save the change.