There's no built-in feature in Kayako that would allow you to export Help Center articles directly into a document file. However, you can use the API to retrieve the information in JSON format and convert the output as CSV or document file type.
- To retrieve Help Center data using API, you will need to use an agent or admin user account.
- Skills and knowledge of API (Application Programming Interface) calls.
NOTE: You may use an API tool or client (e.g., Postman) to perform the following steps or you may run the GET request directly from the browser.
- Get the section IDs of the sections where the articles you would want to export resides.
- You could obtain this information by navigating to the section in your the Help Center, by checking the number right after "/section/". In the example below, the section ID is 1.
- You can also obtain this information via the API using the following query string (Replace DOMAIN with your actual Kayako instance domain):
- Once you have the section IDs, run the following query string to retrieve all articles from the section (Replace DOMAIN with your actual Kayako instance domain):
NOTE: You can specify other fields to be retrieved such as author or creator by adding the value in the
- The query will return a result in JSON format. You may use an application to convert the JSON format to a CSV or document file. We do not provide support for converting the output file to a different format.
To learn more about how to manage and retrieve Help Center data, visit the Managing or Retrieving Data From the Help Center Using API article.