Sometimes, an email address or a particular domain is getting caught by Kayako's Spam filter and stores in the suspended folder with the suspension reason FROM_EMAIL_BANNED.
This occur when a customer migrated from Kayako Classic to Kayako TNK. In Kayako Classic, there is an option to manually add an email address to the Bans list. This table is also present in the Kayako as support to legacy bans after the migration. However, the content of this table is not visible from anywhere in the Kayako UI.
- To view messages from the suspended folder in Kayako, you will need at least an agent account with the 'View suspended messages' permission.
- To edit any of the security and user registration settings, you will need an administrator account with the 'Manage system configuration' permission.
As a permanent solution will take some time, you can add the email address or domain to the Safelist to bypass the spam filter.
To provide a permanent solution Kayako support team needs to clean up the Bans table in the database.
Please raise the appropriate request to the support team by following the steps below:
- Click the Submit a ticket button at the top or at the bottom of this page or click this submit a request link.
- Provide the details of the issue including a screenshot of the suspended message.
- If you are allowing support to impersonate your account for troubleshooting purposes, please include an explicit approval on the ticket along with the email address of your Kayako administrator account.
- Request an instance Backup of the Customer's instance.
- Get the records from the table called Bans and share them with the customer
- We should tell the customer to add the email addresses or domains to the blocklist instead as needed.
- Get confirmation from the customer to remove the records from this table.
- After getting the confirmation, create a Change Request with a runbook similar to the one provided in this JIRA: KAYAKO-29262
After the support team will remove required email addresses or domains from the Bans list, remove them also from the safelist. The email should no longer be captured in the Suspended folder with the suspension reason FROM_EMAIL_BANNED.