After making some modifications to one of your templates the Customize button is missing from the top of your help center, preventing you from making further modifications. You would like to know how to get the Customize button back.
- You find the line:
"is_custom": true,within a section of your template, such as the footer.
- You have an API testing tool, such as Postman
- You have valid account credentials on the system for access to the API
The solution will replace your customized code with the original code. Take a backup of your customized code and make modifications one at a time to determine what modification caused the Customize button to disappear after the template is restored.
- Run the following Put request:
- yoursite: Replace with your Kayako subdomain
- 1: Replace with your version, if needed
- helpcenter_footer: Replace with the name of the template you want to restore - where you found the
After running the request, return to your Kayako site and the Customize button will be available. For additional details on the Templates API, see the Templates article in the Developer Help Center.