Adding a credit or debit card in Kayako can be done directly in the admin area of your dashboard, as explained in our article on Checking or Updating Your Billing Information, Price Plan, or Payment Method. However, it may be the case that you are unable to do this yourself and wish that your credit card be added directly by the Support team. Note that we may also assist you with the Removal of a Credit Card's Details.
If you wish that a certain credit card be added to your billing account, please raise a Support ticket with the following information:
- The name of your Kayako instance; e.g.: "example.kayako.com"
- The link to the privnote below.
Navigate to https://privnote.com/ and create a note with the following information:
- All relevant credit card information, as you would need to introduce in your Kayako dashboard (Card number, Cardholder name, CVV, and expiration date).
- Whether it is a credit or debit card.
- Whether you wish that the card be selected for all future Kayako payments, instead of your currently selected method.
- The billing contact to which the card should be added, if different from your current billing contact.
Fill in the information in the yellow area below and click "Create note".
Copy the link indicated in the screen below and send it with the Support ticket request.
Before sending the Support ticket, please ensure that your request comes from an account that can be validated against your billing information so that it is addressed in a timely manner. If you wish that the card be added to a different account than your current billing contact, you will need to register it before proceeding.
- Copy of previously paid invoice
- Billing email address and mailing address registered on the account
As a Support Agent, you will be able to add a credit card as long as you have the relevant access permissions.
- Access to the Kayako Passwordstate.
- Log into Zuora using the credentials stored in Passwordstate.
Click Customer Accounts under Customers:
Type the account name in the Search box and click the arrow or hit Enter:
Note: The account name can be found in the subscription details in Salesforce.
Once the results are displayed, select View on the relevant account:
- On the right-hand side, verify that the request comes from one of the Key Contacts for the account before proceeding. Otherwise, inform the customer that they should use one of the validated accounts.
- Scroll down to Electronic Payment Methods and click on create new payment method:
- After selecting the type of card, input all the information provided by the customer and save.
- If the customer confirmed that they wish to use this card for all future payments, scroll down to Billing and Payment Info and select edit:
Change the Default Payment Method to the newly added card, then click save.
Note: Only the card selected as the default payment method will be used for billing.
- Inform the customer that their request has been carried out.