Some of your messages are not being delivered, and the message status indicator states that they have been bounced:
You are interested in knowing what can be causing messages to be bounced and would like to learn how to prevent this from happening.
To determine what has caused the bounce, hover over the X symbol to see the specific error. The following is a list of possible situations that could result in a bounced message:
- The recipient server is experiencing issues, preventing delivery of the incoming email.
- A spam filter is preventing the messages from being delivered to the recipient's mailbox.
- The Mailbox is full.
- The email address is not valid.
Recipient Server is Experiencing Issues
If the recipient server is experiencing issues that are preventing it from receiving incoming emails from Kayako, there is nothing we can do but wait until the issue is resolved, then try again.
Spam Filter Blocking Messages
If the issue is due to the recipient's spam filter flagging your emails as spam, there are two things to consider:
- If you are using an external domain or email address, consider setting up spam protection with SPF and DKIM. To ensure that your messages do not get caught in your customers' spam filters, we strongly recommend setting up two authentication tools (SPF and DKIM) on your email server to ensure that your emails are delivered successfully.
- Contact the recipient through other methods or channels, and inform them that your email has bounced. You may want to advise them to check with their email administrators to see if your domain or email address has been blocked by their spam filter, or if they are experiencing any other issues related to their email server.
Note that it may be the case that the Kayako IP Address itself has been Blocklisted. When this is the case, you will need to raise a Support ticket for our agents to resolve the issue.
Invalid email address
Verify that the affected user's email is valid and correct, for which a tool such as an email checker can be used. Additionally, it is possible to Prevent Users Not Logged-in From Starting Conversations via the Help Center, which will force them to validate their own address.
If a user's address needs to be corrected, please follow the steps from Updating the Email Address, Phone Number, or Twitter Handle of a User Account to update the information.
Please refer to Troubleshooting outgoing emails not reaching customers for more information on resolving this type of issue, including the steps necessary to De-List a Blocklisted SendGrid IP Address.